Today, the Mississippi Top50 announced the winners in the Elected and Appointed Officials category.
In its third year, the MSTop50 Award recognizes the top 50 most influential Mississippians in the areas of elective/appointed government service, lobbying and government relations and business, media and culture.
The annual MSTop50 awardees in the Elective/Appointed Government Service category are (in alphabetical order):
- Mark Baker, Mississippi House of Representatives
- Rodney Bennett, University of Southern Mississippi
- Mark Formby, Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Michael Guest, US House of Representatives
- Dick Hall, MS Department of Transportation
- Philip Gunn, Mississippi House of Representatives
- Delbert Hosemann, MS Secretary of State
- Mike Hurst, Jr., United States Attorney
- Cindy Hyde-Smith, United States Senate
- Whitney Lipscomb, Office of the Governor
- Dane Maxwell, Mayor of Pascagoula
- Andrea Mayfield, MS Community College Board
- Scott McClintock, Office of the Governor
- Philip Moran, Mississippi Senate
- Steven Palazzo, US House of Representatives
- Alfred Rankins, Jr., Insitutions of Higher Learning
- Tate Reeves, Lieutenant Governor
- Bennie Thompson, US House of Representatives
- Liz Welch, Mississippi Senate
- Brad White, Office of US Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith
- Shad White, State Auditor
The winners from the other categories will be named on January 21, 2019.
The awards are sponsored by Entergy Mississippi and Mississippi Farm Bureau. The Hall of Fame awards are sponsored by Capitol Resources and Tower Loan. Recently, MSTop50 named Governor Phil Bryant and former Speaker Pro Tempore Robert Clark as the Hall of Fame honorees.
The awards event will be on February 18, 2019, at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson, Mississippi honoring the awardees.
More information on the event can be found the the MSTop50 website.