State Rep. Jeramey Anderson is hiring for his “staff”:
The Press Secretary is responsible for the Representative’s communication strategies, public relations, and marketing activities. The Press Secretary ensures that the Representative’s communications efforts support his vision.
This senior staff position both directly and indirectly manages areas of responsibility that include communications strategy, public information, media/press, content management, website(s), social media outreach, brand management, graphic design, and document services/printing.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Promoting and increasing the visibility of the Representative’s key initiatives programs, and services;
• Building the Representative’s brand in manners consistent with his overall goals and vision;
• Monitoring and managing the messaging, both internally and externally, and providing advice and support to ensure accurate and effective communication;
• Developing strategic marketing and communications plans;
• Maximizing the effective use of websites, social media, email, and other electronic
• Partnering closely with other senior staff to coordinate and support all communications;
• Leading internal communications committee(s) to periodically review and update
communications-related plans of work, strategies, and relevant policies and procedures;
• Fostering positive relationships with local and national news media, providing regular
updates and ensuring prompt and accurate responses to media inquiries;
• Providing credible and useful information to staff, constituents, and media about critical
issues and pertinent topics;
• Working cooperatively to produce videos, brochures, documents, and other media to
timely and effectively communicate information;
• Overseeing the writing, editing, graphic design, and development of communications
materials and correspondence for all communications;
• Developing the communications budget, and tracking and ensuring the effective use of
• Assist and often times write speeches.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related field;
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral presentations;
Job Description: The Office of Representative Jeramey Anderson is currently seeking
highly-qualified candidates to for his Press Secretary position. This position will be located on
the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Ability to deal effectively with news media under pressure situations;
• Ability to anticipate and analyze difficult situations and to take appropriate actions;
• Ability to implement a communications plan with measurable results;
• Ability to lead, supervise and support public relations efforts;
• Ability to lead, supervise and support social media efforts;
• Ability to lead, supervise and support graphic and web design efforts;
• Ability to facilitate and support team building;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
• Ability to work long hours
• Ability to work under time constraints effectively; and
• Must submit a minimum of two (2) examples of recent work that demonstrates your
communications expertise, skills, creativity, and effectiveness.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: In addition to your salary, this position includes moving assistance, paid holidays; vacation and sick leave.
Because of the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification. This posting may close at any time prior to the posted close date, once a suitable applicant pool is identified.
Apply at https://form.jotform.us/72296254984166